Saturday, March 9, 2013

Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies

I had a dinner to go to Friday night and I wanted to bring a dessert, but I didn't have enough time to bake something from scratch. Fortunately, I had a cookie mix that would be really quick and easy to do.

Once again, Betty Crocker comes to the rescue.

I have really taken a liking to these Betty Crocker cookie mixes - so far, I've made peanut butter, pumpkin spice, and snickerdoodle, and they've come out quite well. With St. Patrick's Day not too far away, I thought this would be the most appropriate.

I just followed the directions on the back of the package, and they also have helpful substitution suggestions, so when I didn't want to use butter, I easily swapped that out for vegetable oil. Everything mixed together nicely, although I wouldn't suggest an electric mixer with this one due to the chocolate chips already being in the mix.

This is one batter you definitely want to hand mix.

In order to get more cookies, I made them on the smaller side and carefully watched them in the oven. It turns out that I got chewy cookies right around the eight minute mark rather than the ten minute mark suggested on the package. It just goes to show that you should always watch your cooking and take the baking time as a suggestion! 

Unfortunately, the chocolate chips got buried in the rest of the dough.

The result? Everyone who tried them at the dinner really seemed to like them, although I had to admit that they weren't made from scratch. Still, this is just another cookie mix from Betty Crocker that has worked out great for me - quick, easy, and enjoyable? When you're pressed for time, I would definitely suggest these.

Until next time!
~Pink Heels

No comments:

Post a Comment